Everything You Need to Know About Cardstock Paper!
Have you ever wondered what makes the texture of business cards so appealing? They're slightly thick, flexible, yet very sturdy. We've all found ourselves fiddling with a business card because of the way it feels at one time or another. But what makes business cards this way? Well, it's because they're made from a beautiful material known as cardstock paper!
Understanding What Cardstock Is?
Cardstock is a type of paper that rests in the perfect sweet spot between paper and cardboard. It's thicker than paper, yet thinner and more flexible than cardboard. Its surface is often very smooth and even. You can also add surface textures such as gloss, UV spot finishing, and more. Cardstock has a myriad of uses, including being the base material for business cards.
Cardstock is also very common in scrapbooking and art! Ideally, it's best to use cardstock for projects that require more durability than regular paper. Its thickness also adds professionalism to your information.
At Thunderbolt Paper, we're one of the leading companies in the world that sell cardstock. Our printing paper is high-end, affordable, and durable. We've got tons of colors and sizes available on our website!
The Many Uses of Cardstock:
Cardstock is widely renowned for its versatility. You can use cardstock for a variety of different projects, including:
- Business cards
- Invitations and greeting cards
- Mixed media art
- Playing cards
- Booklets and brochures
- Restaurant menus
- Cover pages
- Much more!
As you can see, there are tons of uses for cardstock. It also comes in a wide variety of colors, such as white cardstock and brown cardstock.
Picking the Right Cardstock Size and Weight!
When selecting cardstock for a project, you'll need to know the size and weight that's best. Here's a simple guide you can follow to ensure you make the right choice:
- 65-pound covers are suitable for tickets, invitations, and postcards.
- 80-pound covers are the ideal weight for business cards, table tents, and greeting cards.
- 100-pound covers are great for thicker business cards, invitations, folders, and gift tags.
- 105-pound covers are the heaviest and are suitable for premium business cards, awards, menus, and certificates.
- 8.5" x 11" is the standard size for public documents and flyers.
- 11" x 17" is excellent for posters, blueprints, and notices at the office.
- 12" x 12" is the standard page size for scrapbookers.
- 18" x 12" is a great size for large posters, artwork, and displays.
This a general guide and not a rulebook, so feel free to have fun with weight and size. It's all about experimenting to find the perfect width and length for your project.
Finally, there are finishes that you can add to the surface of your cardstock to add interesting textures. They are:
- Glossy. Your cardstock will have a pristine shine to enhance your images.
- Linen. It's a perfect finish for wedding invitations and menus due to its silky smoothness.
- Metallic. A metallic finish will have a glamorous sheen, making it great for artwork and business cards.
- Smooth. You should choose a smooth finish if you have a text-heavy document. It's great for resumes and cover pages.
Summing Things Up!
Cardstock is paper with a heavenly texture. It's not too thick and not too thin, and you can customize the size, weight, and finish. It has a ton of uses in art, business, and culture. Let us know; what's your favorite use for cardstock?
- Printer Paper
- Parchment Paper
- Cardstock Paper
- Linen Paper
- Kraft Paper
- Photo Paper
- Chipboard Paper
- Vintage Paper
- Copy Paper
- Calligraphy Paper
- Textured Paper
- Best Parchment Paper
- Best Calligraphy Paper
- Best Printer Paper
- Best Linen Paper
- Best Copy Paper
- Best Vintage Paper
- Best Kraft Paper
- Best Photo Paper
- Best Chipboard Paper
- Best Textured Paper
- Best Cardstock Paper
- Try Eco-Friendly Paper Craft In 2023
- 4 Ways To Emboss Like A Boss
- How To Use Metallic Paper
- Try Glossy Business Cardpaper In 2023
- Sustainability | The Need To Use Recycled Paper
- Know Your Graduation Certificates Paper
- Why Handmade Gifts Are Best For Showing Love
- Reusing Is Necessary For Recycling
- Ways To Personalize Your Valentine's Day Present
- Lettering for Valentine's Day in 2023
- Tips For The Best Scrapbook On Valentine's Day
- How To Decorate For Valentines Day
- 6 Ways To Make A Valentine's Day Card
- Try Mulberry Paper For Craft In 2023
- The Supremacy Of Handmade Gifts